1) Bleach is hardcore.
2) In terms of distress, a tiny drop of vomit in a girl’s hair is worth buckets of it on her clothes.
3) Buying a duplicate lovey bear was a very wise idea.
4) Red Gatorade makes for a more vivid smile than yellow Gatorade.
5) We’re all vulnerable. All you can do is wash your hands and pray.
6) Feather pillows are not washable, but they are replaceable.
7) Monsters stay out of your room when you’re too sick to care.
8) Never underestimate the healing, cleansing power of opening the windows to your bedroom during a rain shower.
9) All of us need to be reminded of what it means to live in and be a body. Curly Fries is not quite three, but this is a powerful embodied lesson for her. She demonstrated it when she told me “I am sick.” She doesn’t have to be very old to know that when one part of your body feels bad, all of you is sick.
10) When you get to feeling better after being very ill, you dance a lot more easily and heartily.